A good friend made a special request for a handmade ‘thank you teacher’ card, so here’s what I came up with. The design is simple but I think it looks super cute.
Free crochet apple pattern
1. Make a magic ring and work 10 tc into the ring. Join with a slip stitch 2. Work 2 tc into every stitch around (20). Join with a slip stitch 3. Chain 2, skip a stitch and work *1 tc into the next stitch, 2 tc into the next stitch* around until you have made 10 tc
4. Chain 2, skip a stitch and slip stitch into the next stitch
5. Chain 2, skip a stitch and work *1 tc into the next stitch, 2 tc into the next stitch* around until you have made 10 tc
6. Chain 2, skip a stitch and slip stitch into the next stitch.
Fasten off. The stalk:
1. Attach your brown yarn to the top of your apple. Chain 4 and fasten off
2. Weave your loose end back through the chain 4 to thicken it up The leaf:
1. Chain 10
2. Slip stitch into the second chain from the hook
3. dc into the third chain from the hook
4. htc into the fourth chain
5. tc into the fifth chain
6. dtc into the sixth chain
7. tc into the seventh chain
8. htc into the eighth chain
9. dc into the ninth chain
10. Slip stitch into the tenth chain
Attach the leaf to the top of the apple. You can then glue your apple to a folded piece of card using a hot glue gun.I use individual lettering stamps to write the greeting but hand calligraphy would also look lovely.